Uber and Lyft Service Accidents
Ridesharing has become a very popular transportation service in thriving cities. Uber and Lyft are believed to make our streets safer by keeping drunk drivers off of the road. However, ridesharing has been proven to actually increase the number of car accident fatalities in cities where they operate. This research study from 2018 discovered that motor vehicle fatalities and fatal accidents increased by approximately 3% when Uber and Lyft were introduced in those cities.
How Safe are Rideshare Services?
Uber alone has 91 million active users each month. Lyft has an estimated 18.6 million active monthly users. Considering the lack of comprehensive background checks or driving training, it is no surprise that rideshare accidents occur frequently. Unskilled and unqualified drivers can often cause very serious accidents and even fatalities. Additionally, an increasing number of rideshare accidents occur at drop-off and pick-up locations.
What to do if you are in an Uber or Lyft Accident:
- Make sure that all drivers and passengers are okay and if anyone is injured call an ambulance.
- Call 911 and explain what happened.
- File a police report, even if there aren’t any serious injuries. This can help protect your rights down the road.
- Take pictures of the accident and record as much information as possible.
- Get the names and numbers of everyone involved including any witnesses.
- Contact a qualified law firm with experience getting compensation for rideshare accident victims.
Texas Rideshare Accident Attorney
Rideshare accidents are complicated since there are usually multiple parties involved. Uber and Lyft have million-dollar insurance policies but their agents will always try to dismiss your case or lowball you. You need an experienced Houston rideshare attorney to advocate for you. The Miller Law Firm is well versed in Uber and Lyft Accident cases. If you or a loved one has been injured in an Uber of Lyft accident do not hesitate to call 713-572-3333. The Texas Bulldog will never sit, stay or roll over for the insurance companies. He will fight tenaciously to get you ever dollar you deserve after an accident. Contact Adam Miller today for a free case evaluation.