The best personal injury lawyers in each state are often not necessarily those with the most expensive ads or that have been around for decades. Instead, you should look to find a lawyer who is passionate about their work and cares more about your needs than anything else. Consider looking at reviews of attorneys before making any decisions as well! Adam Miller, The Texas Bulldog, is proud to have all 5 star reviews on Google. Call him now for a no obligation and free consultation at 713-572-3333.
First Step in Hiring the Best Texas Personal Injury Attorney
Hiring an injury lawyer can be a difficult process. You may find yourself overwhelmed with many options and you might not even know where to even start. What is your criteria for choosing the right one? Some people want reasonable prices while others prefer excellence in service. Fortunately with personal injury attorneys, they will not charge unless they win your case.
The first step to choosing an attorney to represent you would probably involve searching the internet for a top rated attorney with experience related to your specific type of accident/injury. This could lead to a long list of potential attorneys. Once done with this stage of research, narrowing things down will get easier by looking through their websites, reading testimonials left online about them by past clients, or simply calling the law office and asking any questions you might have. Whatever it is that attracts you most will result in finding someone who meets those qualifications as well!
You should consider the following criteria when looking for an attorney:
- Is he or she licensed to practice law in your state?
- How many years has the attorney been practicing?
- Does the attorney focus specifically on personal injury law?
- Does he/she have a good reputation among other attorneys and judges?
- Has this person been sued more than 10 times over the past 5 years, according to public records of defamation lawsuits filed against lawyers nationwide?
- Does the attorney already represent another party involved in your accident?
- Does the attorney have any awards or accolades that set him/her apart from the bunch?
After you have narrowed down your results it is time to schedule a consultation. Now for the interview questions!
What to ask during your consult with a Texas Personal Injury Attorney
What should I look for when hiring a personal injury attorney? What qualities are most important to me in an attorney? How can you help me with my case and what is your success rate like as this specific type of lawyer so far. Here are some common questions you might want to ask the attorney during your interview process:
1. How will my case be handled?
2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of settling out of court vs going to trial?
3. Will I pay a lawyer fee upfront or is it paid by taking part in compensation from settlement money won at trial?”
4. What type of cases do they specialize in?
5. Will I be updated regularly regarding the status of my case?
6. What is your success rate like with my specific type of case?
7. How many other cases are you handling?
8. What does your firm offer that other firms do not?
These are just some questions that might come up during the interview process, but do not hesitate to ask any other question that may be on your mind.
Call A Texas Personal Injury Attorney Today
When you’re injured, it can be difficult to know where to turn for help. You may have a lot of questions about the law and what your rights are when seeking compensation for an injury. We want to make sure that you understand how personal injuries work in Texas so that our team is able to provide the best legal advice possible. There are many different types of cases we handle, but they all involve some form of negligence by someone else who caused harm or loss due to their carelessness. With more than 25,000 cases and 50 years in combined experience, the attorneys at The Miller Law Firm have achieved measurable results for their clients. If you would like more information on these subjects or if you need representation from one of our attorneys contact us today at 713-572-3333.