Contact Us for a Free Consultation
Serious storms and hurricanes are far too common in the Gulf Coast. Between 1851 and 2016, 289 hurricanes affected the continental U.S. Of these, 63 made landfall in Texas. Harvey, which made landfall in southern Texas on August 25, 2017, was the last major hurricane (Category 3 storm or above) to hit the Lone Star State. Due to the frequency of these storms, Texas has a high number of insurance claims, which has contributed to more people having their claims underpaid or even denied by insurance adjusters.
Having homeowner’s insurance is supposed to protect you from paying large bills our-of-pocket arising from hail/wind/hurricane damage. However insurance companies will always try to underpay you or deny your claims. Calling an experienced attorney to fight on your behalf can help get you the money you deserve for your property damage.
Wind and Hail Damage Can Be Devastating to your Home and Vehicles
At The Miller Law Firm, our experienced wind and hail damage attorneys can help. Our attorneys have over 65 years of combined experience fighting insurance companies.
How you can help the investigation:
- Take pictures of damage and hail if possible
- Save copies of all estimates
- Keep your invoices and receipts
- Conversation notes with insurance agents/repair companies
The Texas Bulldog Will Fight for Your Home’s Value
- Total Loss: If your home has been destroyed or it will cost more to repair than to knock it down and rebuild a new home it is considered a total loss.
- Partial loss: Your residence has sustained damage, but rebuilding from the ground up is not required. You may need to fix a part of the home, such as the roof, walls, or flooring.
- Roof claim: Getting a new roof installed can be very expensive. Insurance adjusters will usually try to only pay for limited repairs, not a new roof.
Arguing with insurance adjusters can feel like talking to a wall, because they have already made a decision regarding your claim. Their goal is to pay as little compensation as possible or deny your claim altogether. You are entitled by Texas law to have your damaged property repaired or replaced to its pre-loss condition. If your insurance company is trying to cut corners call The Miller Law Firm for help.
Contact The Texas Bulldog for Wind and Hail Damage Insurance Claims
Contact Adam Miller, The Texas Bulldog for a free case evaluation. When your home is damaged due to wind or hail, your insurance policy entitles you to a fair and prompt settlement of your property damage claim. Your insurance company has a duty to settle your claim promptly and in good faith. If your insurance company if give you the runaround or fails to promptly settle your damages, call us now at 713-572-3333.