Contact Us for a Free Consultation
The Port of Houston is the largest port on the Gulf Coast and moves more than 247 million tons of cargo annually. These goods are often transferred to fast moving trains and sent all over the state and country. Railroad accidents can be catastrophic and cause multiple fatalities. Sadly, many of these accidents are preventable. Regardless of the cause of your crash, our Texas train accident attorneys will hold the liable parties accountable and fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
Unfortunately, Texas had, by far, the most train collisions and injuries in 2019. These injuries and fatalities can be devastating for the victims and their families. The Texas Bulldog will first work to prove negligence of the person or company responsible for the train accident. Our attorneys are well versed in train laws and regulations. If you’ve been involved in a train or railroad accident or lost a loved one in such an accident, our legal team can help you recover the money you deserve.
What Causes Train Accidents
Accidents involving trains are often the result of mechanical failures, human error or both. Here is a list of common causes of train accidents:
- Train conductor negligence – According to the Federal Railroad Administration this is the most common cause of train accidents. This can include improper braking, speeding on the tracks or falling asleep on the job.
- Broken train crossings – Many drivers only rely on train crossing lights and bars to alert them to the presence of an oncoming train. If these are faulty or broken, many drivers don’t even check for trains which can cause a train-vehicle collision.
- Defective electrical or mechanical equipment – The manufacturer, distributor or maintenance company responsible for this defect may be liable.
- Collision with a car, bus or truck – Unfortunately, even with posted warning, some drivers still choose to stop on tracks or ignore the warnings causing train-vehicle collisions.
- Improper maintenance of train tracks – Track defects are a common cause of train crashes. Worn or misaligned tracks, broken switches, and breaks in bolt holes can all lead to train derailments.
- Collapsed bridges – Trains traveling over collapsed bridges almost always cause very serious injuries and fatalities.
How Much Will It Cost to Hire a Train Accident Attorney
The Texas Bulldog will never charge anything unless he wins your case. We have a contingency fee contract, which means The Miller Law Firm will not get paid unless you recover money. Additionally, our firm will cover all the costs associated with researching your case, prosecuting and litigation. We will also cover the costs of doctor visits, court visits, loans for living expenses and if we need to hire an expert for trial. If The Texas Bulldog wins your case, we’re reimbursed those costs. If we’re not successful, then we lose those costs.
Contact Our Law Firm
At The Miller Law Firm, we focus on helping injured victims and their families get the most they deserve of their financial recovery. We know that the success of your case depends on our hard work and dedication. Our attorneys will always go the extra mile from the initial investigation through all facets of the legal process to help you get the best outcome possible. The Texas Bulldog will fight aggressively to ensure that you receive a favorable outcome for your case, whether negotiating with an insurance company or taking a case to trial. Contact Us today by calling 713-572-3333 to schedule a free consultation. Our attorneys are available to discuss how we can help you favorably resolve your case.