Contact Us for a Free Consultation
Riding a motorcycle can be a freeing and exhilarating experience. Unfortunately, Texas highways and rural roads aren’t always safe for motorcyclists. Motorcycle accidents are usually preventable but they can cause lifelong injuries and even death. Hiring a Texas motorcycle accident attorney like The Texas Bulldog is the most important step in obtaining the proper financial compensation you deserve after a motorcycle accident.
Motorcyclists often suffer catastrophic personal injuries when involved in accidents because they lack the same physical protection as cars or trucks. Motorcycles do not have seat belts, air bags or windshields to protect them. Our experienced motorcycle accident attorneys offer skilled representation to injured victims and will pursue full compensation for every injury you have suffered.
Common Injuries from Motorcycle Accidents
- Lacerations/Road Rash – When a motorcyclist lays down their bike and skids across the road it causes road rash. Road rash includes skin injuries such as cuts, scrapes and bruising. Sometimes road rash is superficial and it will heal with time and proper treatment. However, road rash that is severe or infected can cause permanent nerve damage near the surface of the skin.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Motorcyclists who are thrown from their bikes are at a high risk for twisting and suffering a spinal cord injury. Spinal cord injuries are very difficult for doctors to treat and can lead to permanent damage, paralysis and even death.
- Broken Bones – Broken bones are commonly caused when a motorcyclist is knocked from their bicycle. Hands, wrists, arms, feet and back are all frequently broken bones after a motorcycle accident.
- Leg Injuries – When you feel like you are about to fall, your natural reaction is to stick your leg out and catch yourself. Instead, Texas motorcycle safety courses teach motorcyclists to tuck their legs in and squeeze if they anticipate a motorcycle crash. A Motorcyclist’s legs are generally the first thing to make contact with the ground and receive the brunt of the injury.
- Head Injuries – In Texas, helmets are required for every motorcyclist over the age of 21. Unfortunately not everyone chooses to wear helmets even though they have been proven to save lives. Head injuries are the number one injury when it comes to motorcycle accidents. You should always wear a helmet when operating a motorcycle.
Click this link to learn about basic motorcycle safety tips.
Motorcyclists Face an Uphill Battle
When motorcycle accident victims attempt to get compensation for their injuries, they may face unfair judgement from the insurance company. Unfortunately, a stigma exists for motorcyclists that stereotypes them as reckless, dangerous and risk-takers. Pursuing motorcycle accident claims can be very complex compared to car accidents. Insurance companies and their attorneys will often prey on these prejudices and try to shift the blame to the motorcyclist in order to minimize compensation.
At The Miller Law Firm we know that most motorcyclists are cautious and responsible drivers. Most motorcycle accidents are caused when negligent car and truck drivers fail to yield to motorcyclists or don’t respect their right of way.
How Much Will It Cost to Hire a Texas Motorcycle Accident Attorney
The Texas Bulldog will never charge anything unless he wins your case. We have a contingency fee contract, which means The Miller Law Firm will not get paid unless you recover money. Additionally, our firm will cover all the costs associated with researching your case, prosecuting and litigation. We will also cover the costs of doctor visits, court visits, loans for living expenses and if we need to hire an expert for trial. If The Texas Bulldog wins your case, we’re reimbursed those costs. If we’re not successful, then we lose those costs.
Contact Our Law Firm
At The Miller Law Firm, we focus on helping injured victims and their families get the most they deserve of their financial recovery. We know that the success of your case depends on our hard work and dedication. Our attorneys will always go the extra mile from the initial investigation through all facets of the legal process to help you get the best outcome possible. The Texas Bulldog will fight aggressively to ensure that you receive a favorable outcome for your case, whether negotiating with an insurance company or taking a case to trial. Contact Us today by calling 713-572-3333 to schedule a free consultation. Our attorneys are available to discuss how we can help you favorably resolve your case.